Become a Medistudents Author
Medistudents is used by medical students and doctors all over the world and we’re always looking for authors to help us continue producing high quality educational content.
If you’re interested in becoming an author, we are accepting articles on medicine, surgery and anatomy. Please see here for a list of the topics we require.
We are also accepting blog articles where you can share your experience of being a medical student/doctor, or offer helpful advice.
How to get published on Medistudents
All articles on Medistudents are peer reviewed by senior doctors so the best way to ensure your article is accepted is to produce high quality educational content on your chosen topic.
Have a look at the other articles on Medistudents to get an idea of what we’re looking for. Then select a topic from our list of required topics
Helpful images and videos should be included where possible, however please ensure that any images you include have a creative commons license. Wikipedia is an excellent source of images with this licence.
First start by sending us a pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your pitch should include:
- Your full name
- Your university/college or site of work
- Your level of training (e.g. medical student, intern etc.)
- A brief author bio that will appear at the bottom of your article
- The title of the article
- A brief summary of what the article will be about
- The name of a senior author who can review your work (if you have one). This will ideally be a resident, registrar, consultant or attending in the relevant specialty. Having a senior author helps speed up the review process and their name can also appear on the author list.
Please think about who will be reading your article as you write it. Medistudents is used by both medical students and junior doctors, so make sure your content is appropriate for them.
Benefits of getting published on Medistudents
Your work will be read by hundreds of thousands of students and doctors each year.
You’ll also receive a certificate for your portfolio. Online teaching is increasingly being recognized in interviews across a range of specialties, making this is a great way for you to stand out from the crowd.