Effective Date: 15 December 2020
Definitions and Interpretations
- “Medistudents” means Medistudents, a partnership operating out of England and Wales whose registered office is at 7 Bell Yard, London WC2A 2JR
- “Cookies” means a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
- “Data” means collectively all information that you submit to Medistudents via the Website, including all personal data;
- “Data Protection Laws” means the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Privacy and Electronic communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 and all laws and regulations that implement or amend the foregoing;
- “User” or “You” means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Medistudents and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Medistudents and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
- “Website” means the website that you are currently using, https://www.medistudents.com, and any apps and sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal data, from you:
- Email address;
- Password (stored as irreversible hash);
- Graduation Year;
- LinkedIn Profile URL;
- Payment information (not stored);
- IP Address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Laws, Medistudents is the “data controller”.
- We may retain any Data, set out in clause 4 above, for up to five years.
- This is some text inside of a div block.
We may use your Data to provide you with information about our work, products and/or services which we consider may be of interest to you (for example, about goods or services you previously purchased or used). Where we do this via email, SMS or telephone (if you are registered with the telephone preference service), we will not do so without your consent.
- provide you with services, products or information which you request;
- to communicate with you, including circulation of relevant news;
- to send other types of communications to you, for example to notify you about any changes to our services or to answer any enquiries;
- to administer this website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve your interactions with this website, for example by ensuring that content is presented in the most relevant and effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep this website and internal operations safe and secure;
- to conduct research into the impact and effectiveness of our work and services;
- to deal with enquiries and/or complaints made by or about you;
- to audit and/or administer our accounts;
- to satisfy legal obligations which are binding on us, for example arising from contracts entered into between you and us or in relation to regulatory, government and/or law enforcement bodies with whom we may work;
- prevention of fraud, misuse of services or money laundering; and/or
- enforcement of legal claims.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third-party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles set out in the Data Protection Laws. For more details on security, see the security clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- Improvement of our products/services;
- Data Protection Laws recognise certain categories of personal information as sensitive and therefore requiring more protection, for example information about your health, ethnicity and political opinions. We will only process your sensitive personal information if there is a valid reason for doing so and where Data Protection Laws allow us to do so. In the unlikely event that we collect and use sensitive personal information about you (such as your health information) we will obtain your explicit consent beforehand.
- Data Protection Law requires us to rely on one or more lawful grounds to process your personal data. We consider the grounds listed below are relevant:
- Where you have given consent to us for a particular purpose.
- Where necessary so we can comply with a legal obligation (for example where we are obliged to share your personal information with regulatory bodies who govern our work and services).
- Where necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract.
- Where there is a legitimate interest in us doing so.
- Data Protection Law allows us to collect and process personal information if it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate interests (as long as that processing is fair, balanced and does not unduly impact your rights). “Legitimate interests” can include your interests, such as when you have requested information or certain goods/services from us, and those of others.
Third party websites and services
- Medistudents may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to personal data provided by Users of this Website beyond the minimum required to fulfil their duties. Such third parties are held to stringent privacy policies with regards to their handling of personal data provided by Users of this Website.